Fall has officially been in gear for about three weeks now! So we thought it would be a good time to give you some quick and actionable tips to keep you mentally and physically healthy this season.
- Get your flu shot and yearly checkup. This time of year comes with certain challenges…and increased risk of the flu is one of them, according to the CDC. So this fall take a proactive approach, and guard yourself against an unpleasant couple of days.
- Moisturize. Another particular characteristic of the fall and winter months is dryer air (if you’re like us and live in humid Florida, this is probably a welcome change). However, dry air can wreak havoc on your skin, so don’t skip out on your moisturizer in the mornings (guys, this goes for you too!).
- Stay active. It always seems to get harder and harder to stay active as the year progresses. The weather gets colder, the holidays approach, and motivation dies down. Again, we advocate for a proactive approach. Make sure to prioritize fitness in your schedule. Healing Hands offers several fitness classes as part of our corporate wellness programs to suit your needs and squeeze in a workout, even during this time of the year. Zumba or boot camp, anyone?
- Practice self-care. Physically, this one is self-explanatory. Mentally, it’s easy to slip up. With waning motivation, and increased stress due to things like the holidays, it’s important to keep your mental health a priority too. Make sure to take time for yourself every single week. Treat it like any other responsibility and commitment, schedule it, commit to it, and execute!
- Start your New Year’s resolution now. Don’t put off starting on your goals until the New Year. Why not start taking steps now? If you start implementing changes slowly but surely right now, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running come 2020. Additionally, this will keep your mind healthy as well because you’ll feel good about doing something for yourself.
At Healing Hands, we have your back when it comes to wellness! Contact us for more information about our corporate wellness programs to keep you healthy, happy, and productive all year long.